Why should you maintain and replace truck spare parts regularly?
Commercial vehicle maintenance is crucial as these vehicles are expected to adhere to strict timelines for shipment delivery. Moreover, besides downtime, it also costs a huge amount of money to perform repairs. However, regular maintenance helps to decrease downtime, increase fuel efficiency and ensure driver safety. While there are a few strategies to reduce wear and tear of spare parts and perform minor repairs, it is beneficial to find a reliable truck spare parts supplier and purchase new truck spare parts for better performance.
What are the benefits of using new spare parts for vehicle maintenance?
There are a number of benefits of using new spare parts for trucks including safety, performance, cost-reduction and value-added services.
- Increase safety & performance: Original and brand new spare parts from truck spare parts manufacturers are certified and tested based on various metrics, therefore it can be trusted to provide better efficiency and safety while installed or used in trucks.
- Reduce additional repair cost: Though used spare parts may be less expensive compared to new parts sourced from a truck spare parts supplier, it might incur additional repair costs quite often due to wear and tear.
- Warranty and after sales service: Buying new truck spare parts helps to claim the warranty provided by manufacturers and in some cases it also includes aftersale services.
Which truck parts do you have to replace more frequently?
Preventive maintenance is crucial to prevent major repairs and replacement. However, some parts will eventually succumb to wear and tear. Consequently, such components may need more frequent replacement than others and you have to source them from reliable truck spare parts manufacturers. This could include tires, brakes, clutch, headlights and water pumps. The reasons for truck spare parts replacement might arise due to damage caused by prolonged usage, extreme weather conditions and lack of regular maintenance.
5 Things to look for when choosing a truck spare parts supplier
- Multiple Products: Trucks might require multiple parts at once and sourcing each part from a different supplier is time-consuming and might even incur additional costs in terms of making multiple trips to the store. Therefore, the ideal solution is to find the best truck spare parts online with multiple suppliers and products on a single platform.
- Multiple Payment Options: It is important to choose a truck spare parts supplier who offers multiple payment options. Certain platforms like AxleMarketplace provide multiple payment options while buying lorry spare parts online.
- Order Tracking: Order tracking feature is a necessity to know the order availability in case of ‘out of stock’ products and order status. It provides real-time updates on the shipment process and delivery.
- Return Policy: There is a possibility that goods might be defective at the time of delivery. Therefore, it is important to choose a platform that has a return policy when you buy truck spare parts online.
- Aftersale Services: Most manufacturers who sell lorry spare parts online offer warranty for products and also provide after-sale services. This is an added advantage that ensures you get the value for money.
Let’s Wrap Up!
Regular maintenance of commercial vehicles is of paramount importance to ensure better performance and safety. This includes conducting repairs and also replacing certain parts. Some parts like tires, brakes, clutch, headlights and water pumps require frequent replacement. It is necessary to choose original and new spare parts as it improves efficiency, reduces additional repair costs and provides warranty. Moreover, it is essential to buy truck spare parts online from a platform that provides multiple products, payment options, order tracking, return policy and aftersale services.
Axlerate is a unified platform for Logistics management, payments and services. Our solutions help to simplify tolls, fuel purchases, fleet expenses, loans, insurance, escrow, payments, truck booking, fleet management and the buying and selling of logistics products and services.