Fleet fuel cards: the solution to saving money and time
Fuel management in logistics is a tedious process and incurs a lot of costs as it involves multiple trucks, long distances, paper receipts and reimbursements for transactions that need to be efficiently streamlined. According to the American Transportation Research Institute (ATRI) 26% of trucking costs are spent on fuel alone and 14% used for truck payments. However, commercial fuel cards for trucks are a game changer for trucking companies and individual truck drivers. Fleet fuel cards with discounts, credit opportunities as well as rewards make it easier to reduce fuel cost for fleets and to keep expenses under control while on the road!
Why is choosing the right fleet fuel card so important?
There are multiple commercial fuel card options available for your fleet in the market, however, you have to choose a trucking fuel card company that has the relevant features you need in order to reduce fuel cost for fleet and to improve fuel efficiency with analytics. It is important to choose the right commercial fuel cards for trucks because the cheapest option or a large number of features might not give you the desired result as it depends on the size of your fleet, frequency of travel and the amount of fuel you require on a regular basis.
How to choose the right fuel card for your fleet?
A good fuel card should provide special discounts, secure payments and structured reports. In order to Choose the right commercial fuel card for trucks you have to compare different trucking fuel card companies to get the right commodity you need for your fleet whether it is petrol, diesel or both and to provide control options to prevent fraudulent transactions along with access to multiple fuel stations based on your destination.
What to look for in a good fleet fuel card provider?
- Availability: Some trucking fuel card companies have geographical limitations or only work with certain fuel providers in select locations. Moreover, pay attention to what commodity they offer – petrol, diesel or both and choose your commercial fuel card for trucks based on availability.
- Access: Overspendingor unauthorized purchases might become an issue with fuel cards if not monitored on a regular basis. Therefore, choose a commercial fuel card for trucks that allows you to monitor and restrict usage, preventing employees from making unauthorized purchases.
- Alerts: A fleet fuel card ensures that you don’t have to worry about losing or misplacing receipts as all transactions are stored digitally. Choose a trucking fuel card company that provides real-time alerts for purchases made using the commercial fuel card for trucks via web or mobile application.
- Analytics: Choose a trucking fuel card company that helps you optimize your fuel spending patterns with the help of spend reports that shows individual and monthly transactions while also capturing the price of fuel per litre, discounts, location of the fuel station and driver information.
- Assistance: It is important to choose a commercial fuel card for trucks that includes responsive customer service to provide assistance when there is an issue at the fuel station with regard to the fuel card when the transaction is declined or an unauthorized purchase has been made.
Let’s Wrap Up!
Commercial fuel cards for trucks are a great way to reduce fuel cost for fleets and to monitor your fuel spending patterns to increase fuel efficiency. However, it is important to choose the right fuel card based on the size of your fleet, trip requirements and average fuel consumption. Buy the best fleet fuel card for trucks by paying attention to availability, access, alerts, analytics and assistance.
Axlerate is a unified platform for Logistics and transport management, payments and services. Our solutions help to simplify tolls, fuel purchases, fleet expenses, loans, insurance, escrow, payments, truck booking, fleet management and the buying and selling of logistics products and services.