What you need to know about commercial truck batteries?
Commercial truck batteries are more powerful, resilient and reliable than those of passenger vehicles. Even in extreme climates, terrains or temperatures, they provide an immense amount of cranking power for optimal performance. On average, most truck battery brands last between three and five years. However, numerous factors can influence its effectiveness Including the weight of the cargo being towed, temperature levels during operation and prolonged usage. Ensuring regular maintenance and truck battery replacement not only keeps your vehicle running for longer, but also provides protection against frequent mechanical issues.
Understanding the causes of battery failure in commercial trucks
There could be a number of reasons for battery failure in commercial trucks including corrosion, cable issues and external loads.
- Corrosion: Maintaining battery terminals is of utmost importance to avoid the danger of inadequate charging. Corrosion from hydrogen gas found in battery acid can build up quickly, so it’s essential that you inspect and clean these components on a regular basis to ensure your commercial truck batteries are charged adequately.
- Cable issues: While installing truck batteries, it is important to make sure the battery cables are firmly attached to their terminals. Consistent charging of your vehicle battery guarantees the highest level of dependability and performance.
- External loads: Regardless of the truck battery brands,if you’ve noticed your vehicle’s battery draining more quickly, a technician can locate the cause. Diagnostic tests will reveal any electronic devices that are consuming energy from the battery even when not in use.
4 signs that you need to replace commercial truck batteries
There are a number of reasons to replace commercial truck spare parts. In the case of truck batteries there are warning signs including starting issues, battery leakage, wear and tear and draining batteries that indicate a need for truck battery replacement.
- Starting Issues: If your vehicle takes longer than usual to start, it could be a sign that the battery is either dead or running low. For reliable performance, you should consider investing in a new truck battery.
- Battery Leakage: From everyday use to a collision or overcharging the commercial truck batteries, leakage can be an issue for many reasons. It’s not only hazardous if it comes into contact with skin but it also affects the electrical system of the truck.
- Wear and Tear: Depending on the truck battery brands, type and driving patterns, it can last between four to five years before needing replacement. However, for guaranteed performance, every four years or sooner would be ideal when considering replacing your truck battery.
- Draining batteries: If you see that your truck lights have become dimmer or the electrical system is running for shorter periods of time, this might be a warning sign that the battery power is draining. If the issue persists, you might have to find truck batteries for sale and replace the existing battery.
Which is the best place to buy commercial truck batteries?
Truck battery replacement is crucial to ensure the smooth functioning of the truck. There are a number of places where you can find truck batteries for sale. You can shop from your local truck spare parts provider or buy new truck batteries online from reliable truck spare parts providers across the country on a single platform like AxleMarketplace with a wide range of manufacturers and products along with multiple payment options and order tracking options.
Let’s Wrap Up!
Commercial truck batteries are more durable and efficient than that of passenger vehicles. While most truck battery brands last for a period of 5 years, it depends on the usage and other factors that might require earlier repairs or truck battery replacement. Battery failure in commercial trucks can be a result of corrosion, cable issues and external loads. There are a few warning signs including starting issues, battery leakage, wear and tear and draining batteries that might indicate that you need to find truck batteries for sale and replace the existing battery. You can buy new truck batteries online from a reliable platform like AxleMarketplace.
Axlerate is a unified platform for Logistics management, payments and services. Our solutions help to simplify tolls, fuel purchases, fleet expenses, loans, insurance, escrow, payments, truck booking, fleet management and the buying and selling of logistics products and services.